Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Introduction

Hello everyone,

Welcome to my blog!

Now that the first two trimesters of senior year are over, the next 11 weeks of my life involve a journey through doing independent research. I will be shadowing a neurologist and from this experience, I hope to gain insight into various sleep disorders and how they alter the structure of the brain. 

My internship is taking place at Phoenix Neurological and Pain Institute in Chandler, an outpatient center that treats patients with neurological disorders and focuses on improving their quality of life. I am working with Dr. Farrukh Qureshi, a general neurologist who also specializes in sleep disorders, and a fourth-year medical student he has working with him. 

Apart from the hours I will spend there, I will be reading a lot about the various sleep disorders and their effects on cognitive abilities. I have a list of various articles and books I will be reading throughout my project. 

Through reading and doing research, I hope to learn more about the brain. It is one of the most complex organs and controls many different parts of the body. I am really happy to take you along through my journey and I hope that, by the end of it, both you and I have a thorough understanding of sleep disorders. 

Until next time,

Shubhangi Awasthi

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great first day! Careful driving out there, and keep up the good work!

    -Ms. Holtzman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thus, we start to feel unhappy and lose interest in many things. These attitudes only drove us deeper into the whirl of incessant worry.
    Kinesiologie Zürich

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alzheimer's disease is a progressive disease that destroys memory and other important mental functions. Increasing age is the greatest known risk factor for Alzheimer's. Best alzheimer's treatment

    ReplyDelete